Friday, April 3, 2009

Ugly Betty (drama)

I am trying hard to watch a lot of movies and TV shows to improve my English.
Actually there are not so many attractive programs in the US than I thought in spite of a bunch of channels....
Some of them are like Diet channel,TV shopping channel,Weather channel,Spanish channel.. just useless for me.

However, among all these programs,One of the best shows that I have ever seen was "Ugly Betty".I got addicted to this program! "Ugly Betty"won the Emmy ,Golden Globe and some other awards. It deserves to be awarded.

The story is about a bizarre appearance girl Betty(America Ferrera) who is hired into one of the largest fashion magazines in NY.
At first she was out of place .But with her witty and friendly personality,most co-workers come to admit her.
In some point,the story might be a bit similar to "The Devil wears Prada".However,the personality and shape of the main charactor is very different.Betty is more coquettish.

Season1 and 2 already must have been on air in Japan. Of course, DVDs should be sold in the stores.

It's really funny and witty and in some part heart- warming show.Once you see this show,you can't help but fall in love with Betty!

My favorite part is conversation between Amanda and Marc.
It's hard to understand their talk though, as they speak soooo fast!
I found Amanda's blog(Becki Newton) on the site.
It's so funny!!!
(↑Best combination Marc & Amanda)

Now Season 4 is coming up in May (in the US).
I am so excited with it, I can't wait!!

onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please

No comments:

Post a Comment