Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boston Marathon tripⅡ

The Boston marathon is the world's oldest annual marathon and is one of well-known racing events. About 23,000 runners joined the race this year.
It's amazing that my husband was qualified for such a big marathon race.Awesome!
He left for the start line by a chartered bus at 7am as the start line was in the far west of the Boston city.
The Boston marathon seems to be regarded as one of difficult courses because of the hills in the latter one-third of the course,which is called "Heartbreaking Hill".

My daughter and I headed for the finish line to cheer him up,which was located at Copley Square in the city.but when we arrived at the area,either side of the street was already packed with the spectators. Somehow we found a spot 500m shorts of the finish line,it was still very crowded ,though.
Every spectators on the side walk kept cheering the runners.It was impressive!!

Like the qualified runners that they were,I could hardly watch the runners well.They passed so fast in front of me...
I was worried about my husband as he didn't show up a few minutes over his expected time.
But then he appeared!! I shouted his name in a loud voice,although he didn't seem to hear that.
Anyway ,He did it !I felt so relieved and I was very proud of him.

We had dinner at a seafood restaurant Legal Seafood to celebrate his run.
A lot of guests seemed to have joined the marathon race as they were wearing original runners jackets.

We ordered Lobster Bisque,Fried calamari,Coconut shrimp,and of course Lobster!!
My daughter ordered Clam chowder ,which is her favorite.
Every dishes tasted great. It's hard to eat fresh fish in NY,so I really stuffed myself.

onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please


No comments:

Post a Comment