Monday, April 6, 2009

Sideways(movie)

A friend of mine whose husband works for movies as a photographer recommended this movie "Sideways"(2004)for me.
I was not interested at first when I saw the cover of the DVD as there were no famous actor's names on it. But then I figured out this movie seemed like about wines which my husband loves and it has been nominated for Academy awards and Golden globes.
I thought it must be something.

We watched the movie with drinking a glass of wine,of course.


I liked this movie.
For the first 30minutes it was boring to me,but it turned out to be brilliant as the story went on. And the scenery of the winery was beautiful.It reminded me of our trip to Napa valley in San Francisco many years ago.
It's about two middle-aged men(Miles and Jack) ,who are friends from high school ,heading out to the winery in California before Jack gets married. Miles,who got divorced two years ago, meets an attractive lady there.It's kind of love romance movie ,but there are more.
I feel like It's close to how real the life is.
It can't be always serious,it can't be always happy....
It's the world we live in.

This film might not suite everyone's tastes , especially for those who are not interested in wines at all.I think it depends on ....
Japanese remake of "Sideways" is likely to be on air this autumn.

onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please

No comments:

Post a Comment