Monday, April 13, 2009

Phoenix Garden(Chinese restaurant)

On Easter holiday,We took my daughter to the "Dora the Explorer Live" at the Radio City.(Although there is no relationship between Dora and Easter at all....)The hall was full of families with children.I saw many girls dressed up in pink fancy dress.
The live was nothing special ,just a show for kids.Of course kids were enjoying it.I was so bored that I had been thinking of what to eat for dinner.
And I could go for Chinese.

After the show,we had dinner at a casual Chinese restaurant
Phoenix Garden located in Midtown East.
It was small space and cramped with tables ,but all dishes we ordered tasted good.Particularly seafood saute(scallop,shrimp,squid with vegetables) was great.
They have BYOB(Bring Your Own Bottle)policy. So if you want to drink alcohols inside the restaurant,you should bring them by yourself. And bring cash as they don't take credit cards.


However I have tried only a few Chinese restaurants in NYC yet,I would recommend another Chinese restaurant Joe's Shanghai in China Town.I've been there once before and I liked it.
Their dumplings were so good .We ordered pork and crab dumplings, I liked pork better.Meat was very juicy and soup was tasty.Actually I think their other dishes were not as good as dumpling.
Only one thing that disappointed me was that this place was very busy and packed so we didn't feel at ease.
Despite we waited in line outside for 30minutes ,their dumpling was worth it.










onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please

No comments:

Post a Comment