Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Birthday Party

My daughter was invited to her friend's birthday party.
A huge tent was set up at the yard of their house and kids had so much fun with jumping or sliding down in the tent.

I was so surprised with gorgeous mansions and large scale birthday parties in our area for the first few months when I moved in here,although I got used to them now.
I am sure that my American friends here would be shocked with tiny houses in Tokyo.

While kids were playing in the tent,the parents mingled together.It's still hard time for me since native speakers talk so fast and I sometimes can't understand their talk well because of other people's voice.
So I needed to pretend understanding the talk with smile unwillingly.It's really frustrating that I can speak only half of what I want to say...
But I will try to take this positive to think that I am very lucky to have an opportunity to talk with native English speakers since once we go back to Japan there are very few chance to speak English unless we go to an English school or something.
Cheer up, myself!

onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please

No comments:

Post a Comment