Friday, April 10, 2009

Mask

I've been lying down on my bed all day long as I had fever and I got dizzy if I stood up.Now I'm feeling better.But still I feel dizzy.I didn't want to do anything...My daughter kept watching DVD since she had no school and I couldn't take her anywhere.

She made dinner for me...as the picture... It made me feel better.

I was wearing a flu mask as I didn't want my
daughter to be infected.
It reminds me that my Brazilian friend asked me about a mask in Japan before.

when she watched a Japanese movie (I don't remember the name of the movie),she saw many Japanese people wearing masks on the plat form.She seemed to feel very weird with the sight.
I never thought about it.
Especially around this season of the year,many people in Japan wear masks to prevent from pollen.That is too common for me to notice it.

To think about it ,in the US I rarely see somebody wear a mask.
I've heard wearing a mask means that the person is suffering serious disease like O157 or something.Usually people don't wear masks when they get cold or allegic to pollen.

Also ,blowing nose in front of other people seems rude in Japan,on the contrary,in the US that is OK. Difference of culture is very interesting.
(the picture is a mask for kids)


onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please





No comments:

Post a Comment