Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hiromi Uehara's jazz live

I made a reservation for Hiromi Uehara 's jazz live at Blue note in July.
Now I am listening to her jazz albums "Hiromi's sonicbloom"and "Spiral".I am so moved with her sound.

Actually I didn't know much about her , but as soon as I got to know that she used to be at Yamaha music school in her childhood,I got interested with her background since I used to go the same school for many years and I loved watching the TV program JOC(Junior Original Concert, which is a music concert played by Yamaha's students.)
Unfortunately I ended up with learning the Electone just as a hobby,But I remember I have seen some Junior genius players practicing enthusiastically.                    (↑Photo from her web site)

Also I was so impressed with the story that Chick Corea invited Hiromi (17years old at that time)to his concert the very next day of meeting her by chance at Yamaha music school to do a rehearsal for his concert in Tokyo .
It must be destiny!!
Afterward she graduated Berklee College of Music in Boston.

As I listen to her music,I feel like the piano is not an instrument for her,but a part of her body and she can't be apart from the piano.She is literally a born musician.

Anyway I can't wait for her live!!!

onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ
↑click this button please

No comments:

Post a Comment