Friday, March 27, 2009

Utada Hikaru

I've watched Utada Hikaru 's live performance on "Early Show" this morning. (Mar28th)
She sang "Come Back To Me" and "Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence"on live.
I was so impressed with it,though I got a little upset because the last part of "Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence"was interrupted in spite of the live performance.
And also it was a shame she had only a few comments on the show.
I expected kind of interview or more talks.
Maybe I expected too much? She might be nothing but a new artist in the US yet despite she is such a big star in Japan.
But still,I am so proud of her as a Japanese.I think it is a big deal!
I don't think any other Japanese pop artist could make this. I feel like she deserves to be an international popular artist.

Also Utada Hikaru showed up at SEPHORA in NY on Mar25th.
As soon as I got this information from my friend ,I applied for this talk show.But it was too late,the space was already full.
It is good start for her ,though.
I love her songs ,especially old songs such as "First Love" , "Automatic".
I hope her big success in the US!!!
Photo from her official site.


onegaishimasu... ↓
にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ニューヨーク情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

No comments:

Post a Comment